SKILLED NURSING FACILITY
OPERATION OF A SKILLED NURSING FACILITY
A Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) is a type of healthcare institution that meets the criteria for Medicaid and Medicare certification and reimbursement for intense skilled medical care.
Skilled medical care includes the provision of the following services as needed to provide appropriate care to patients:
SNFs may be hospital-based, distinct part units or free-standing.
We’re here to help get your Skilled Nursing Facility off the ground.
Advis has been engaged in various stages of feasibility, development, and management of over 30 SNFs in the United States. Our projects for clients over the years have entailed:
- Market and feasibility studies, including discharge, length of stay, and DRG analyses
- Commercial contract negotiations
- Post-acute and skilled bed need determinations
- Strategic planning
- Facility development
- Certificate of Need consulting
- Regulatory compliance/impact assessments
- Mock surveys
- State and federal regulatory liaison
- Licensing and certification consulting
- Staffing and equipment recommendations
- Reimbursement analysis
- Financial forecasting, including budget preparation
- Cost and revenue cycle management
- Provider payor enrollment
- Regulatory/public comment submissions
- Operational management, including administration oversight and staff training